Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Meet Musician: Gareth J Rubery







What Instruments do you play?
Piano, Euphonium, Drum Kit.

Are you currently working on any music projects?
In April this year I set myself the challenge of composing, recording and releasing a new piece every month. So far I am on target, and I have a new piano piece called ‘Lost With You’ which is ready for release at the beginning of July. 

What are your 2 favorite careers?
Being a Composer and a Musician is a very enjoyable way to spend my days… I have always fancied flying fighter jets for a living too, I must get round to that one…

What are some of your other favorite activities?
My No.1 favorite thing to do is to visit new places with my wife, walking off of the well trodden path and getting lost. Sky Diving is a great buzz and I also like to crash out with a curry and a good movie. 

What is the hardest thing you ever had to do?
…turn full time with composing. I teach most days so that we can have a roof over our head, and for that job, I am very grateful. I would love to teach less and take more time to complete 2-3 new pieces every month. It takes 30-40 hours to write and record a new piece, so every download from places like Band Camp, take me closer to being able to do this full time. The nice thing is that music lovers are investing in the independent artists that they love, and it actually empowers us with more time to make what we all love - new music.

What is your most favorite song?
My favorite song…now that is quite impossible for me to answer. My favorite song by The Beatles is ‘A Day in the Life’, although, if I had to choose the coolest Beatles song, it would be ‘Tomorrow Never Knows’.

Are you usually late, early or right on time?
I usually time everything so that I walk through the door right on time.

Are you happy with your life for the most part right now?
I can honestly say that I am the happiest that I have ever been. My wife makes my life so much better than I could make it on my own, I look forward to waking up every day so that I can see her, and I look forward to coming home to her every night. (I just got loads of brownie points for that one!)


If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
It’s got to be Thailand. We would go and lay in the sun, learn to scuba dive and eat the fantastic food that I have heard about there. 


What do you think would be the hardest venture for you to give up on?
Give up? No, I don’t think so. 

Youtube Channel: 



Amazon Music: http://amzn.to/1Mb1r50









No comments :

Post a Comment